Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wai in Beijing - The Student Activity Centre -WuDaoKuo

The sun shines nicely into my room located on the 6th floor and the view is nice looking over the buildings and into the Beijing distance :-)


The view from my room on the 6th floor (Bldg has NO lift and yes I am feeling fitter for walking those stairs every day for at least twice a day,)

  Entrance of Student Activity Centre
Reception lobby of The Student Activity Centre


Window fell off and wardrobe door didn't slide, no problem the staff come and put it back in order. Still kind of not working well but does the job of a wardrobe with no doors and windows with edges that allow draft in due to the rubber has come off. Apart fro that my room is pretty sweet and comfy compared to many others I've seen here and at the BLCU.

My bed which i re-arranged the twin beds.


80's Tv's are still alive and about here in China. I bought those two pictures to brighten up the walls a bit, 4rmb (40 p)each was a bargain.

My Shower room at Student Activity Centre. You have to clean it yourself unless you want a black mop with black water, dragged across your floor. I say invest in a mop for 15rmb and keep that 'please do not disturb' sign stuck on the door.

For 90rmb (£9) a night (2700rmb pm = £270 pm) is acceptable compared to BLCU, however if you are staying for more than 12 weeks like myself I suggest lodging a room which I found one for 200rmb per month in a luxury apartment block with private grounds. Why did I choose The Student Activity Centre you may ask? I am a socialable person and thought paying 700rmb more a month would be more fun and I would meet more new friends, which I have and has proven to be the right choice for me. Now that I have made new friends and settled in a bit, I woould like to move to a homestay or short term shared apartment if possible from Nov to Dec. I have heard friends paying only 1500rmb pm to 2300rmb pm for a standard room in a nice apartment in Wudaokuo area. However I quite like the idea of staying in Chaoyang Park area where all the western workers and better quality entertainment and social scene is... So wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment