Thursday, October 14, 2010

10 kuai night out + Yoga & Latin Dance @blcu

If there is such a thing as a night out with good dance scene, cheap drinks and a down to earth crowd then it’s got to be ‘Solutions’ on a Wednesday evening… with 10rmb (£1) entrance and all can drink open bar… wow! Yep girls! I’m afraid the boys have to pay a whopper 50rmb but still its open bar until . So Sanlitun is comparison is far to get to and more expensive. Then again Solutions in WuDaoKou is a student joint. Just get there before to get good supply of drinks if you actually want to get drunk as from 1130pm onwards it is jam packed. Did I just sound like promoter? Ha ha!

Apart from an unexpected night out… I actually signed up for 2 months at the gym in BLCU and straight into a yoga class… The instructor was teaching my favourite style of the yoga, a flow from one posture movement into another. She was beautiful to look at and her voice was gentle to listen to.
After some stretching and core strength training, I stayed on to join the Latin dancing… A hot Venezuelan guy…and...a great dance teacher. This class makes you SWEAT Sweat Sweat, jump about and move bits of the body that you didn't know you could.

Beijing is actually growing on me now, after the initial shock. Maybe because the air has cleared up a bit this week or maybe because I have improved on my Chinese and there is actually hope. BLCU to me is still the Designer brand language school calling themselves a university. However I guess you can say universities or schools in UK also charge over the moon for foreign student tuition fees as well.

The Dining on campus is damn good, many choices at Chinese price 8 kuai (80pence) buys me enough that I can't finish. But if you are Kevin or a growing lad then you'll need 14kuai (£1.40). I don't think Kevon's actually still growing though?
One of my tutors was actually real sweet asking me 'why did you not go to class this morning?' I simply said 'I was too tired and haven't slept well'. He said no problem health is the most important thing. Awe! Mornings has never been my thing even when I was doing my live in yoga training.
We have a trip to the 'Great Wall' tomorrow and I better get up for that so I shall go and prepare myself for the hike tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment