Thursday, October 14, 2010

Temple of Heaven & Beijing Taoist Temple

There is so much to see in Beijing and after being here for one month, I still have many things to see.
Temple of Heaven is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy a Chinese game with the locals. It has a similar feeling like Hou Hei Park in central of Beijing, all is beautiful and definitely worth the visits.

We (Ann-Sophie, Daniel and I) chilled out on the grass, just like at home in the parks. After which we were told by some class mates that is actually not allowed as it is hard to maintain the grass Ooops! Rose bushes, ponds just pure paradise in a city.


  



It was on another day in the beginning of October, when I went to the Taoist temple called 'Dongyue Temple' with the 'Beijing Folk Custom Museum' beside it. It was only until after, I was told that the statues in the temple are sacred and I should not have taken photos. I guess I should have known better as I am Chinese. However, I did do it with respect to show others around the world what the temple is like inside. Therefore, I assume the gods will forgive me for my ignorance.
   Erm... We could be lost? Conner on the right say "I think it's over there, not far now" and Richard is polite and follows. After an hour and a half of walking around the streets and my threaten of a taxi ride, we finally arrive.


Taoist Monk wondering the temple.



 
One of the many rooms in the temple, showing the scene of the gods.


A passage to where you want to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment