Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saturday - Some things...

Saturday started pretty much at for me. After going to bed at I didn’t plan to get up for breakfast. ‘Lush’ in WuDaoKou was a good start for a Saturday western omelette breakfast with a cup of tea Awe! Lush is like the other hang out joint in WDK open like 24 hours for the bar, tea and food.

On the way back to the hotel, I popped by BLCU the visit Kevin and not so hard, persuaded him to come to Klele-a’s apartment in Dongzhimen – central Beijing (40 mins away from blcu by subway). I ended up running late to meet the gang back at the hotel, so I decided to get a taxi as I didn’t have my bike today. Well, peak hour is not a good time to try and get a taxi. So, what did I do with only 10mins to get back to meet everyone? After walking 5 minutes to the end of  XueYang Road, I asked a lovely lady with her son if I could share a taxi with them. With a pitiful look and saying allow me to join you to the next junction. Of course they were shocked by my gesture and wondered why I can’t speak Chinese when I look Chinese. Again I found the Beijinger’s very kind, I offered to pay as well and she didn’t take my money.

(From left: Kevin, Elka from Germay, Daniel from Australia, An-Sophie from France/Cambodia, Andrew from New Zealand)
Arriving back at the hotel just in time to meet everyone, we headed out again in taxi’s to Dongzhimen for a group social at Klele-a’s apartment. Her pad? Well, Nice is the understatement and the price tag comes with it too. However, we had a great time listening to music and mucking about. We managed to fit 9 people on a bed for 2, the Chinese see how many they fit in one room and we tried the ultimate of how many can we fit on one bed. Fun times!
(Klele-a from Greece and her apartment in Dongzhimen)

The night frizzled out and the 8 of us had to desert Klele-a :-s with half of us going to WuDaoKou our local favourite again. This time we went to ‘Laowe’ (Chinese for Foreigners). It was the funniest ever game of table football leaving me laughing with stitches. Kevin just screamed playing defence and goalie with Julie playing ATTACK! Andrew was a pure frozen on goalie, ‘What happened there? Straight Goal!) Have to say, I was better at darts (but still pretty cr*p compared to Julie. I am suspecting Julie graduated in ‘Social Studies at the bars’ hmmm…).
On the whole Saturday was a great night In and Out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment