Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Look & New Chinese Friend - Ms Wu Nan

After getting to bed at this morning after a Saturday night out at Salsa Caribe, I promised myself a lie in... until ... I tried to wake myself up with a good old cup of Lady Grey tea. Feeling dazed I went to meet Wu Nan a lovely Chinese student who is studying Economics and Japanese in a university near by my hotel. Wu Nan was super helpful to translate for me at the hairdresser last week. A new hair stylist and limited Chinese I thought was not a good combination, so  Wu Nan helped me get my NEW LOOK. People guess I'm from Korea now rather than assume I am from China. Ha ha!



We met for lunch at La Bamba in WuDaoKou, for the yet again amazing burritos. Her English is very good as well as her Japanese. She offered to help my English and is now my new language partner... yay!
We have similar values, like not smoking and eating vegetarian and seafood as our staple diet. She is also gentle and kind. This I found out from trying to get a taxi in the pouring rain after shopping at the supermarket. We sucked at getting a taxi against the locals! Eventually after 20 mins in the rain we got a grumpy taxi driver who wanted to go home instead of taking us. We stayed put in the taxi and Wu Nan said just stay calm and don't worry and he'll be okay. which in deed he was with a few moans and groans!

Now off to cook some food in my newly bought rice cooker… simple rice, veg and tofu tonight… yum!

Ooops, where has the time gone so fast? Ah, MSN-ing my Malaysian friend Carmen in UK – man ! We can talk! I still have a load of studying to do before bed time too! Wish me luck! Actually I think I'll just skip tomorrow morning as the lady teacher is a little boring for me. A little too nice and too quiet type. Yawn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment