Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eat Scorpions in WangFuJing & Live the Luxurious Life in Chaoyang

Yay! I managed to actually get up for class today, although 10 minutes late for class and felt totally s**t, I managed to survive the morning class with Ms Wang. She’s very nice but maybe too sweet to keep me awake. The until 12noon seemed better; maybe it’s just the teacher. Mr Liu is the headmaster and he is very enthusiastic with the class.

I actually managed to drop my wallet down the Chinese style toilet… Urgh!!!! It smelled bad and I had to take everything out to ash and dry! Aai! That’s what happens when you don’t have good nights sleep! Dazed and confused… Why I can’t sleep? Probably few factors but the main reason was a mosquito hovered by my ear all night. I woke up with a massive swollen top lip… it looked like liposuction gone wrong! What a great start to my day!

I did not give up having a good day, so I ventured into Sanlitun for lunch with Jaslin (my new Indian friend who met at BLCU campus. She was asking the way to a certain building and then we became friends very comfortably). I really wanted to have Indian food, so we went to Ganges in Sanlitun for a curry… Well, I’ve been her in the evening before and it was very nice. Lunch however was just okay, we shared a paneer curry, plain rice and paratha for about 80kuai. The paneer was fried and not fresh.

A little disappointed with the standard, Jaslin offered to make dinner at her home in Chao Yang District ‘home made Paneer’ yum yum! For those who may not know, Paneer Jaslin made was from scratch with milk and turned into cottage cheese texture, through a steaming process.



Jaslin’s husband named Hari is a nice guy. We had a good chat about India and my love for Indian food. He’s the first Indian man I know who speaks fluent Japanese and who can also read Chinese characters.










In case I forget to put this in; ‘WangFuJing’ is a place for great shopping and street food. Do you like to eat weird and wonderful creatures? Scorpions, starfish, silk worm?


   
Well here’s the night out a few nights ago with the Malaysian friends, they were brave or just pure mad!
Vig from London (originally parents are from Malaysia though)... Um Er not quite keen on the idea but after the peer pressure here goes... not too bad after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment