Friday, October 8, 2010

Eat Great Burritos and Play Pool in WuDaoKou

Just when I thought I've ate the cheapest food in WuDaoKou (with some quality) I found the best Western Cafe serving Mexican food and Burgers (with vegetarian option) place has Wifi, Pool table, Football table and groovy music to enjoy the afternoon to. The name of the place is called LaBamba, today was Friday specials 10rmb for a massive Burrito – delicious! Pint Ting Dao beer 5rmb or any juice. Think we were the loud six (Kevin, Julie, Soma, Oskar, myself Wai and Andrew. Suzanne and Adam had left swiftly after eating to check into a hotel in town) inside the place playing table football and pool. Met some other cool people too including Carlos from Mexico – nice guy with a sweet smile and warm hug!

So let’s introduce you to some of my new family (gang) in Beijing:
-Julie and Kevin are both Malaysians, who have just graduated from university in London. Good news is they are going to be working in London from April 2011, so we’ll continue to be friends there I hope.
-Oskar is a Spanish guy and in my class (A+ in BLCU standard –more on this subject later). First impression was strange boy who carries passport size pictures of female friends in a card holder. Maybe it’s a Spanish thing, yet to find out.
-Andrew is from New Zealand, an active guy who can’t sit still for long. Super swimmer with a lovely personality. Makes me want to visit NZ even more now.
-Suzanne a long time Malaysian friend of Julie’s who also graduated in London but in film studies, her boyfriend Adam is visiting atm, he’s also from my hometown in UK-small world.
-Sorry about Soma – Can’t remember if he’s Malaysian or Korean – but he’s damn good at playing pool when he focuses.


In the evening, I decided to be a nerd and stay in to study and do my homework. I felt lonely walking to the restaurant just outside the centre for dinner on my own. But then I bumped into Carlos again with his friends (Ooops will inform the names of lovely people next time). So the usual politeness around here, I joined them and we had a good chat over a small simple yet tasty dinner. Stir fried green beans and aubergine teamed with boiled rice. Carlos seems to have burnt the candles at both ends and looked pretty in bad shape… So I hope he gets well soon for the Saturday night partying which is tomorrow.

2 to 3 hours of home work per night - am I just slow or is everyone in A+ standard doing this too?
That’s it for today; I will endeavour to get up on time for class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment